Friday 20 March 2015

Sprint finish?

Well it's my last day of infusions, and all going well I go home tonight. I can't wait to be back in my own home, with C and the boys.

The rash that started to develop yesterday is still there, slightly more widespread, but no more itchy or sore or problematic.

Currently waiting on breakfast before I head to the treatment unit one last time.

Bit less smooth this morning, the drugs went walk about.  Well it looks like the pharmacy only delivered 4 days worth to the unit, so there was about an hour delay in starting. Plain sailing so far after that.

And finally home. The rash has come back stronger than ever and I look a bit like a pink leopard.

Now that I am home, having spent all week sitting being pumped with drugs, or lying waiting for the next round of drugs, I find myself exhausted, but the last thing I want to do is go to bed. The kids are treating me no different, just as I would want, so I find myself watching tv with ii while b is in bed (asleep?)

Other than tiredness, no other problems, so I would class that as a very straightforward week. There is nothing I have experienced that would make me even hesitate to accept this treatment.

While the intense daily infusions are over, the journey with alemtuzumab is ust beginning.  I now start on a monthly cycle of blood tests for the next 5 years. Although I will not be blogging daily anymore, I will continue to give updates on my progress and condition.

Thank you for reading, and if you think this helped your understanding or appreciation of ms please share with anyone and everyone.

1 comment:

  1. Hi
    I came off Gilenya today and will be put on the waiting list for Alemtuzumab... I have found your blog about what to expect in hospital very helpful and just what I was looking to find out. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete