Tuesday 17 March 2015

It Continues

Second day of treatment starts here, its 6:45 and I've just been woken for some meds. Acyclovir and paracetamol, which I'm getting regularly to combat any potential viruses or temperatures I might get.
Not a good sleep, I lay awake til after 2 due to the steroids I guess, then had obs taken and finally fell asleep some time after that. So maybe got 4.5 hours if I dropped off instantly.

Breakfast. 
Started with porridge,  then bacon and tinned tomatoes and toast. If only I could eat eggs with runny yolks That is one thing not allowed on my new diet, all eggs must be completed cooked, no runny yolkes.
I'm using tips from Shukov in my book (see yesterday's post) to get the most out of meals here. A bit of bread (or toast)  is better at scooping the last bits of porridge from the bowl than a spoon. At least my spoon didn't come from a German POW camp. :-)

On to treatment unit, canular flushed and steroids started before 9:15, so hopefully a shorter day than yesterday.  
Treatment complete for day at 3:30, save for flushing the drip. Antihistamines dont seem to have made me drowsy today, and everything has felt a lot more normal so far, shock to system yesterday.

Oh, I forgot lunch review. Chicken curry and rice followed by rice pudding, again tasty, but too small serving size.

So to tea, soup and a sandwich again. Today tomato soup, hit roast pork and stuffing sandwich.  No spare bread buns today, so I managed to get cheese and tomato sandwich and a tuna sandwich to mop up the soup. All very nice, and getting used to the rations. Sorry no pic, I ate it too quickly.

So its 8:30, visiting all over, time to relax with a book and prepare for sleep. Dont feel like the steroids have made me as awake as yesterday, so hopefully I'll drop off early tonight.

Summary of today is it went faster than yesterday, very smooth, no side effects felt so I would say so far I see nothing to ever put anyone off this treatment. 5 days of this is nothing other than that I'm missing home and family.

No comments:

Post a Comment